Help deciding on new headphones for Music/Gaming
Aug 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Shinku443

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm really new to all this audiophile stuff but was hoping to get some help in after doing extensive research. I just can't decide on what headphones to buy. I game quite a bit, but I also love listening to music (at the same time too). I've narrowed down my headphones to Ultrasone Pro 550's, or any AKG headphones (I have an employee discount). I think for the AKG I wanted kind of studio-type headphones, with circumaural cups that fully go over the ears. There's a lot of variety and I'm sorry I leave it so open, was just hoping for some input from everyone that has owned AKGs. I'm sort of leaning toward the K702s right now, but I keep reading reviews on the K272HDs and K240s and people just love them so I can't really decide!
I don't really have a good set up at the moment, but I'm planning on making a CMOY pocket amp and hopefully upgrading my soundcard and buying a DAC in the near future

Any input is appreciated :)

-EDIT- Been eyeing the K702 65th Anniversary Edition but idk

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hello, I'm really new to all this audiophile stuff but was hoping to get some help in after doing extensive research. I just can't decide on what headphones to buy. I game quite a bit, but I also love listening to music (at the same time too). I've narrowed down my headphones to Ultrasone Pro 550's, or any AKG headphones (I have an employee discount). I think for the AKG I wanted kind of studio-type headphones, with circumaural cups that fully go over the ears. There's a lot of variety and I'm sorry I leave it so open, was just hoping for some input from everyone that has owned AKGs. I'm sort of leaning toward the K702s right now, but I keep reading reviews on the K272HDs and K240s and people just love them so I can't really decide!
I don't really have a good set up at the moment, but I'm planning on making a CMOY pocket amp and hopefully upgrading my soundcard and buying a DAC in the near future
Any input is appreciated :)
-EDIT- Been eyeing the K702 65th Anniversary Edition but idk

If you get a good discount on AKG headphones, get something in the 7XX series, or at least 6XX series.
My AKG K242HD is a good sounding headphone, for the $117 I paid for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back