Help deciding on an amp (PK1/Electronica-Music)
Aug 2, 2009 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

k1ite

New Head-Fier
Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me decide on a new amp (moved from a Nuforce Mobile).

My source is a Sansa Clip with 320kbps Electronica-style music (Trance, Ambient, DnB)
I use the Yuin PK1 and soon to be OK1's.
Was looking into the Ibasso D10's and will probably go as high as $350 or so.
I also do alot of conferencing with my Mac for my online courses so if that helps any.

Also use an Iphone 3gs but I enjoy my clip more. Thanks for the help!

Aug 2, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by vhobhstr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah! Someone with an iPhone 3gs and Yuin PK1! Can you tell me how the PK1 sounds straight out of the iPhone 3gs? I've read on this forum that the 3gs sounds as good as a Pico. Can you verify that? I'm considering buying a 3gs and PK1 myself.

Honestly I'm not the best person to ask on how well an amp works Because the nuforce is my first one and I'm just learning still but I normally listen to dnb (dieselboy, ak1200) and with the pk1 and the iPhone 3gs i can hear the crash of the cymbals and the tight feel of the drum beats. I normally have to put my volume up to around 50 percent to get the bass coming in and with the nuforce it clears up the sound much more. I enjoy using the iPhone and pk1 by themselves but there are times I'd rather use the sansa clip (also gotta worry about the iPhones dang battery life too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back