Help! Damaged Vibes
Sep 22, 2007 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Paul Ebert

New Head-Fier
My daughter borrowed my Vibes and used them for a few days. When I got them back, the plastic pads were pushed all the way in. I moved them to the proper position and plugged them into my laptop. What's this? They sound like the high frequencies are gone. Taking a look, I notice that the wire mesh inside the pads have a ring of earwax around their perimeter.

Is there any way to fix these?

Thanks.

Paul Ebert

Sep 22, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Have your daughter do the research to fix them ^^

Sep 22, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Ebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any way to fix these?

Thanks.

Paul Ebert

A. Don't lend them to your daughter again.
B. Have her clean her ears!
tongue.gif

Seriously though, there is a little earwax removal tool - a small plastic handle with a loop of wire on the end, that is used it to clean out the earwax from around the screens and from the nozzles of earphones. I don't think one comes with the Vibes, unfortunately. Here is a link to the tool kit for Ultimate Ears: http://www.earphonesolutions.com/uleasutokit.html Perhaps you could email or call earphone solutions to see if the sell the wax cleaning tool separately, or perhaps you can make something similar that you could use.

Hope that helps.

Holly

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the suggestion, but, unfortunately, I don't think the tool will cut it. Because the pads were pushed back so their front was flush with the screens, the wax is caked into and past the screens.

I guess I should pick up a new pair and give these to her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back