HELP...Cowon U3 Headphone Jack Isn't Working!
Mar 13, 2008 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
I was using my Cowon U3 for a week & i'm already having problems with the headphone jack.

I have to push the headphones all the way in & play with it because i can't hear the left earphone. It would work but when i get up & move or even move the player itself it shut off again. The right side of the headphone is fine, it always plays but the left earphone is hell...i gotta keep playing with the jack in order to get it to work.

Help. This is very very frustrating.

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't have a U3, but my suspiscion is that if the headphones are plugged in all the way, and it is giving you issues, you probably have a loose connection.

Try a different pair of headphones, and be sure it is all the way in the jack. My D2 has a very firm headphone jack and you need to press firmly to get it in all the way. If none of that works, I guess you would need to return it.

Mar 13, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Okay i tried what you said. It's a loose headphone jack. I bought this in January of 2006. Can i return this to Cowon for a replacement?

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 4
had the same problem myself.
once returned it as rma (a bit difficult since i live in germany and it was bought in the states
wink.gif
). well they fixed it.
a few months later it happend again.
been asking around where to get it soldered but i hear that it needs "cold soldering" since the parts inside are so crammed together that the heat of regular soldering might damage the player
frown.gif
now i bought the sony a818.
biggrin.gif

i like the sound sig much more, it has longer battery life + more space:
perfect solution for me!

now i do miss the on the go playlist and the huge amount of info on the u3-screen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back