Help! Corda Aria Problems
Dec 17, 2006 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ezer

Head-Fier
So I ordered a Corda Aria from ttvj.com about a week and a half ago and it arrived today looking great. I set the amplifier to its correct voltage rating for my region and connected the USB dac to my computer. I made sure my headphones were connected securely to the headphone jack, like the instruction manual stated.

However, when I began playing music through foobar, I noticed the left channel immediately cut out when I shifted the headphone cables slightly. Worried, I again made sure that the headphones were connected as securely as they could be to the jack. They were, but the problem didn't go away. It seems even moving the headphone cable an inch or two will cause some sort of intermittent static and sometimes a decrease in volume, along with the left channel cutting out sometimes. It's as if the headphones had a loose connection to the amp.

To make sure it wasn't a problem with the dac, I connected the amp to an old Technics SL-P999 cd player. Same thing happens. To make sure my headphones weren't the problem, I connected them to the headphone jack of the same cd player, zero problems.

This really sucks
frown.gif
. The amp sounds great when I manage to get a good "connection" with no static and cutouts, but I definitely don't feel secure with my purchase with the headphone jack problem looming over my head. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix the problem? Or is it just better to return the amp?

I'm using a pair of Sony MDR-V6's (though I do have a DT770/80 coming in especially for this amp).

Dec 17, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Are you using an adaptor with the headphones to connect to the Aria that you aren't using directly to the Technics that could be causing the problem (a 1/8->1/4 adapter perhaps)?

If not it's probably the headphone jack on the Aria. Let Todd know and get it swapped out for one that works. I know Dr. Meier does a good job of checking everything out but sometimes things happen.

Ant

Dec 18, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 6
It's true that I'm using a 1/8->1/4 adapter, but I used it with both the Aria and the Technics (it doesn't seem to have anything but a 1/4 jack anyhow). Perhaps something happened during shipping as well, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet.

Dec 18, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's true that I'm using a 1/8->1/4 adapter, but I used it with both the Aria and the Technics (it doesn't seem to have anything but a 1/4 jack anyhow). Perhaps something happened during shipping as well, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet.

sounds like a problem with the headphone jack on the Aria. I'd drop a quick call or email into Todd who I'm sure will swap it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back