HELP Connecting Xonar Essence STX to my DTT3500 Cambridge soundworks amp.
Jul 10, 2011 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Iqbal

New Head-Fier
hi there

I am quite new to the sound world but i know and have researched alot of stuff.

I have recently purchased the Essence STX and i think it is an awesome card. I am still going to buy a good pair of headsets for it.

In the mean time i have been given to me by my brother in law a Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500. its a really old amp and it has 5.1 speakers and Its actually really good.

am just having some connectivity issues tho and want to know the best way to connect my card to this.

The essense stx soundcard has the following I/O: 1x headphone, 1x Line In, SPIDF,  left & right RCA.

the DDT3500 has: Spidf optical/coaxial, analog (front) (Rear).

I want to know the best way to connect to the amp whilst getting the most out of my card.

the easiest route would be to use the SPIDF but i have read this would lower the quality of sound as the card just sends the signal through bypass the onboard dac.

the best method (i think) is to use the RCA cables.

Now this is where i have an issue. the RCA is left & right speaker where as on my AMP the analog in is Front & Rear.

should i get 2 single rca to 3.5mm aux and connect the left to front analog, and right to rear analog?

I hope i had made sense?

please advise me

much appreciated

Iqs

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 3
or alternatively could you recommend a good amp/reciever which i could connect a PC/Ps3 and Xbox 360 to.

something fairly small and relatively cheap would be awesome.

also if i had  a headset input would be awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back