Help:computer cant detect 0202
Feb 20, 2008 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dougboy

Head-Fier
I just recently purchased an emu 0202 usb. I saw the thread with the new driver update and i installed that driver on my computer. I have the software but when i plug in my 0202 and turn it on, my computer says no device is connected even though it is attached and turned on.

Im running vista32 and i would really appreciate it if someone can help me. It is really frustrating when i have spent the money but my device wont work
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 4
I believe you did it the wrong way......try uninstalling all the E-MU drivers and software via Control Panel, and have the 0202 USB attached AND powered up when you run the installer.

FWIW, that latest installer refused to run at all on both my desktop and notebook when the 0404 USB was attached but not powered up!

Feb 20, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and have the 0202 USB attached AND powered up when you run the installer.

Ok thanks serjarzo, that seemed to have done the trick
tongue.gif

But now i still havent figured out how to run this and realtek at the same time. I had to have realtek disabled in order for the emu to take over.

Feb 20, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok thanks serjarzo, that seemed to have done the trick
tongue.gif

But now i still havent figured out how to run this and realtek at the same time. I had to have realtek disabled in order for the emu to take over.

You're welcome.

But what do you want to do that requires running your onboard and the 0202 USB at the same time?????

EDIT: I use XPSP2, so I'm unsure of how Vista might handle multiple sound devices.

When my 0404 USB is powered up, it becomes the default device, and when I start Foobar configured for ASIO output, then it locks out any other app from sending audio to the 0404 USB. If I then go into Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices, I can reset my default playback device to the Realtek onboard sound device, then start WMP, and play mp3's through my PC speakers connected to Realtek output. But I honestly have no idea about why I would want to do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back