[HELP] Cmoy case choice?!
May 14, 2003 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

sonichead

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for cases for a cmoy I am planning to build, and having a hard time finding a good case. (looking for one about altoids-size)

So far I've found one potential case, a cool clear blue one from Hammond here (the smallest one) which looks like a good size, but I'm not sure if it will all fit.

If you've had success with a good case for the cmoy, please tell me which one. (maybe a link if possible)

May 14, 2003 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 16
i actually have that case, it is quite small. Hard to fit all inside because the box is very narrow. It can be done though. With tangent's method of a cmoy, i would recommend cutting the board smaller or come up with a new layout. Definitly can't hold 2 batteries; therefore, i would go for the one thats just a little larger.

May 15, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los?
i actually have that case, it is quite small. Hard to fit all inside because the box is very narrow. It can be done though. With tangent's method of a cmoy, i would recommend cutting the board smaller or come up with a new layout. Definitly can't hold 2 batteries; therefore, i would go for the one thats just a little larger.

Could you post a pic of the amp/enclosure, or a size comparison with a tin?

EDIT: what about this case, the smallest one, has anyone tried it?
confused.gif

May 15, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 16
Thanks a lot
smily_headphones1.gif
These pics put them in good perspective, but I think I am going to use another hammond case, the 1455C801. However, I may give this one a try too.

May 15, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

I believe these plastic cases will be easier to work with as the top comes off.

That's a good point, The other one looks more difficult to deal with, but It dosen't look like the blue one can hold a 9v shortways, but is there room to hold it with the terminals facing the back of the case?

May 15, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

the battery MUST go the long way.

And do you expect it to fit if I put the audio i/o in the front with the pcb behind it? It looks just long enough.
confused.gif

May 15, 2003 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 16
The 9v has to go longitudinal so if you built a cmoy according to tangents method, i believe there would be room on the front (long side) and the rear. Also, you would have to cut the board on the sides.

May 15, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #14 of 16
Now that's what I'm talking about. That's the Model 2 I suppose. I kind of like the aluminum front panel of the model 1.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back