Help - Cmoy buzzes off of AC power
Feb 8, 2005 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

500+ Head-Fier
I recently got a custom-built cmoy with a DC jack from another member. The unit runs fine off of battery power, but whenever I run it off the wallwart, I get a loud buzz from the amp.

It seems to be isolated to the right channel of my the phones. It is a steady, constant buzz/hum. If I turn the music up enough it'll drown it out, but I prefer to listen at low-to-moderate volumes, and the buzz is clearly audible even with music playing. I'm using a 9v/300mA AC-to-DC adapter that I picked up from Radio Shack yesterday (specifically this one).

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've already emailed the maker, but I was hoping someone could help me right now as the buzz is driving me batty.

Feb 8, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
It could well be the 9V adapter from radioshack. Is it regulated? I doubt it...

Do you have a buzz when you listen with batteries?

No buzz when running off battery power. I'm not sure if it is regulated (how do I tell?), but packaging says it has "filtered output."

Feb 8, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
The problem is most likely with the ratshack psu...you can add a regulator to the PSU or simply buy a regulated PSU.

Any suggestions on where I can pick up either of those (and how much they cost)?

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back