Help choosing the most confortable closed back
Dec 7, 2020 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Soul_Viper

Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

I come back to this fantastic forum to request your advice about an upgrade over my actual m50x, specially looking for the maximum comfort for wearing them for several hours.

The little pressure of the headband and other "feelings" that are a bit complicated for me to describe as I'm not an audiophile, are the main problems for me with the ath m50x.

So I'm looking for are a pair of closed backs that I will connect to the computer with a dedicated sound blaster. The main use will be gaming and also listening to music (different genres: rock, house, electronica, rap...).

Aditionally I have other pair of fidelio x2 hr, but as they are open design I can't enjoy them as I need. A few years ago, I could enjoy testing several cans like akg k712 pro (a beast), sennheiser hd 598 (awesome comfort), sony mdr1a (maximum comfort), v-moda m100 (really enjoyable for me but a bit uncomfortable on the top of the head and my ears suffered a bit of sweating in certain moments), bowers & wilkins p7 (a monster for me but not too much comfortable), audio-technica msr7, beyerdynamic dt 880, sony xm2, momentum 2, samson, etc.

I'm curious about the sennheiser hd 569 as they are closed back and also the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 80 ohm (I don't want to spend more than 200€). Other option could be the new v-moda m100 master with the xl pads, but the design is virtually the same so I suppose will have again this inconvenient pressure on the top of the head)

What do you think guys about this 3 options? Any other recommendation? I have seen a pair of Shure SHR 1540 for 270€ in my city but second hand... it's a good option taking into account that they cost almost the triple than the hd 569?

Thanks in advance for your patience reading this :)

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Not sure if it'd be much of an upgrade from the budget audio technica line, but I found the Takstar Pro 82 to be very comfortable, with pretty good sound for its price (around $50). The physical design is pretty much ripped from MDR-1A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back