Help Choosing New IEM's: e2c, UE Super Fi 3, Ety Er6i.
Aug 29, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #61 of 83
I did to the flip mod of the UE's, but I ended up turning them back around because they fit fine the other way around. Remember on the Ety's, the bass is really good and full with foam tips, but IMO they are with the Tri-flanges too.

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #62 of 83
Time to jump in,
I've been reading this thread for a while now and am in quite a similar problem as Baines originally was.
I've had Shure e2c's for ages but the right speaker has gone, I'm sure it's just a loose connection but I'm no longer under the gurantee and can't fix it =(
So I've been looking either for some ety 6i's or the sf3. They'll be used for both monitoring and general music listening so need to be as flat as possible (for the price range). So far swaying to the 6i's but just wanted some confirmation?
Thanks

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #63 of 83
@ Steviebee:

lol, not for me, ditched my paper round £5 for an hours reallly hard work, when some of my friends got £15-30 for the same amount of papers, and in a less hilly area.

I gotta get a job. Its hard though, because im some weekends at my dads, and other weekends at my mums, and they are 15 miles apart. GRRRR

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #64 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only another 19 posts to go Matt
wink.gif

12 now! How can you check when you registered??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time to jump in,
I've been reading this thread for a while now and am in quite a similar problem as Baines originally was.
I've had Shure e2c's for ages but the right speaker has gone, I'm sure it's just a loose connection but I'm no longer under the gurantee and can't fix it =(
So I've been looking either for some ety 6i's or the sf3. They'll be used for both monitoring and general music listening so need to be as flat as possible (for the price range). So far swaying to the 6i's but just wanted some confirmation?
Thanks

What are your listening tastes, artist wise?

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #65 of 83
Much really, my tops atm are Sigur Rós, Polyphonic Spree, Boards of Canada, The Smiths, Bonobo, Lemon Jelly, Daft Punk. http://www.last.fm/user/nitesshadow/ has everything. Just an earphone that doesn't colour sound is what I guess I'm looking for and the "sound shaping" of the sf3 made me a bit sceptical.

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #67 of 83
Well in that list it goes post-rock/ classical, symph-pop, electronica, rock, jazz, electronica, dance. I just want the option that delivers a true representation of it, just not sure what that is! Has Pez completed his review yet?

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #68 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh Cresyn LMX-E630's, They look really cool, i once looked at them.
How do they sound??

etysmile.gif
(soon
cool.gif
)

I got them because I wanted something clearer than Koss Plugs but still a canalphone. I couldn't find *real* Creative EP630 at that time and the Singapore boards seemed to think that these were better. I don't have them or the Senns to compare with but they are clearer than the Plugs.

My wife liked them alot and got the white LMX-E630SN. Their convertable necklace is a wreck and she doesnt like using them because of the cord.

Aug 29, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #69 of 83
From Pez's thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got them today (clamshell with extra tips) and I think they are excellent, better than the SF3's and I don't know if I'm drugged but I find that the Ety's have more bass than SF3's, but the foam tips cause a little pressure and it's giving me a headache. Also, it feels wierd to the 3-flanged tips so deep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did to the flip mod of the UE's, but I ended up turning them back around because they fit fine the other way around. Remember on the Ety's, the bass is really good and full with foam tips, but IMO they are with the Tri-flanges too.

Im now thinking er6i vs er6.......

is the bass clear, tight, depicted rather than bloated on the i's. I dont want much bass.......

I would get the er6's but aparently they arent very good unamped

.... i am not an audiophile, but i dont know if i would find them bad unamped.

Would i?

if i did amp them with a supermicro, surley there would be too much bass.

Can someone tell me the effect of amping er6's, and would i REALLY need to amp them.

Also if i didnt amp them right now, i would have something to expand to oneday, eg buy an small amp lol (supermicro)
evil_smiley.gif

Whatcha think?

Stevie, i could try your er6's but if i didnt like them LOADS (which i dont think will happen) i wont know if i would enjoy er6i's more lol,

or what they would be like amped......

Maybe i should just decide on er6's, on the basis that i might not prefer the i's (but i might, lol)

Damn Head-Fi
evil_smiley.gif

Please help!!!

-= Matt =-

EDIT: If i ever amp them i wouldnt want a big one, just the smallest i could get...........

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #71 of 83
lol, give it some time. I would say get the er-6i, I get the impression that that is what most people get (and a lot still complain about its lack of bass). As far as the amp...I would say hold it for now, if you only want to spend 20 on headphones you probably wouldn't want to put down a lot of dough for an amp yet. DIY cmoy should only cost 13, though, so you could consider that...

Aug 31, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #72 of 83
for fetimo, I would say the ety's would suit you better, more isolation and better detail and highs, and I haven't finished my review yet, I'm stil testing each in various places (i.e. school bus). Also, I was skeptic about the ety's cord, but it seems to hold its ground fairly well, no complaints about the ety's except for when I'll have to buy new foamies
frown.gif

EDIT: someone also give me the info on how to put pics in that are off my computer, please?

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #73 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by dealmaster00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, give it some time. I would say get the er-6i, I get the impression that that is what most people get (and a lot still complain about its lack of bass). As far as the amp...I would say hold it for now, if you only want to spend 20 on headphones you probably wouldn't want to put down a lot of dough for an amp yet. DIY cmoy should only cost 13, though, so you could consider that...

Yeh er6i it is......I was listening to my zen + Cx300 last night, imagining how they would sound. I think the er6i's would sound coloured and fun compared to the er6. And some music has a little more bass (which i dont mind) and the er6's would sound dry, worse and more boring than the er6i's.

For some bassy music (which i dont mind) i still have my CX300's.

ER6i it is.....and maybe amp them one day!

Also i might buy the SF3's one day just to see what they are like compared to er6i's -- Head fi causes curiousity lol.

etysmile.gif

EDIT:

Pez:

upload them to imageshack/photo bucket.....and then use the img code it gives you (paste in), and then they will appear in the thread.

Sep 2, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #75 of 83
I am now interested in buying ER6's too, i really want them now, so if push comes to shove i think i will settle for ER6's, and maybe oneday hear their FULL potential through an amp!

So if you wanna sell ER6's or ER6i's im officially interested in both......Shoot me a PM if you are!

-= Matt =-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back