Help choosing LARGE earcup cans under 350$ for big head and ears
Jun 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
Only way to get them is by ordering straight from the website so i can't test them if they fit. No details on the internal cup dimensions.
I would buy something that allows 15-30 day return policy as most of the internet shops that are available in Romania.
Comfort wise i think soft material like DT770 will suite me better but the softer the material the less bass extension...

Any other tips? Please include internal cup sizes as this is the most important thing i am after.

Dont get the DT770's I am looking for deep ear cups as well and the DT770 speakers pressed against my ears because they were to shallow.
(My ears are up to 2.3 cm (0.91 inches) away from my head).

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #18 of 21
At the moment I havn't found any Headphones yet that have deep enough ear cups so i am still looking.
The HD598 should be fine however for my music taste (Metal/ rock) they are not that good is what I read.

HD598 depth is 28mm - 20 mm +/- (angled drivers) I do not know the other dimensions.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #19 of 21
The large headed / big ear community seems to be sleeping, weird that there are 2k ppl on most of the time.
I got two good tips for second hand pairs of Sennheisers but both don't allow testing before so it's money first no questions asked for:
Sennheiser Over-Head HD 380 PRO - 90$
Sennheiser Over-Head HD 449 - 85$

I'm guessing all Sennheisers from 280 to 598 have the same earcup shape/size am I right?

More tips please, have a nice day.

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
The large headed / big ear community seems to be sleeping, weird that there are 2k ppl on most of the time.
I got two good tips for second hand pairs of Sennheisers but both don't allow testing before so it's money first no questions asked for:
Sennheiser Over-Head HD 380 PRO - 90$
Sennheiser Over-Head HD 449 - 85$

I'm guessing all Sennheisers from 280 to 598 have the same earcup shape/size am I right?

More tips please, have a nice day.

Relax man! 

There are almost as many new/recent threads as there are people online at any one moment. 
For them two headphones it's best to see pictures of them on google, or search for their respective threads here on headfi. Better still; just ask sennheiser directly your question on pad sizes. They should give you the best answer, especially as it's something completely objective

Users who are viewing this thread

Back