Help choosing IEM
Aug 5, 2009 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hellzlegend

New Head-Fier
I have around $50 (+/-5) to spend on decent IEMs.
I need the product to be on amazon as I will have to purchase from amazon.
Some choices from my research:
RE2
NE-7M (kind of dislike it cause of mic)
Maximo Im-590
CX95 / CX400
I've heard ADDEMs are good but couldn't find them in Amazon.
All recommendations appreciated. I listen to all kinds of music but not much rap and rock.

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 7
ADDIEMs are found on ebay (current average price is around $39 but you can probably get 'em for less). Also, when people ask for recommendations they usually say what kind of sound they are looking for / what type of music they listen to. Otherwise the RE2s, Maximos, and NE-7M's are all solid choices. I would probably add the PL50s to the list as well. Very impressed.

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ADDIEMs are found on ebay (current average price is around $39 but you can probably get 'em for less). Also, when people ask for recommendations they usually say what kind of sound they are looking for / what type of music they listen to. Otherwise the RE2s, Maximos, and NE-7M's are all solid choices. I would probably add the PL50s to the list as well. Very impressed.

I listen to all kinds of music but not much of rap/rock.
I heard RE2 has microphonic. I really hate microphonic so any good one without microphonic?

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellzlegend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to all kinds of music but not much of rap/rock.
I heard RE2 has microphonic. I really hate microphonic so any good one without microphonic?

The old-style RE2s are very microphonic (probably what you've read about). New ones have a nicer nylon-wrapped cable that's not too bad. I still prefer the Maximos though in terms of fit/usability though, for most genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back