Help Choosing headphones, Budget £30-£40
Nov 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jamie82

New Head-Fier
Hi guys as the title says im looking for some help choosing headphones, my budget is around £30-£40.

I have been reading as much as I can on this forum and some others and have found a few choices that are affordable for me but being a headphone noob I cant choose between them, my choices so far are:

AKG K450
Superlux HD-668B
Panasonic RP-HTX7A

all of the above headphones I have found for £30 to £35.

I would like to know what would be the best choice between these headphones or even if there may be a better choice for around the same price. I will only be using the headphones at home, for music, gaming and movies so I just want something that will be comfortable for long gaming sessions with decent sound quality, and preferably something that will block out my wife's loud tv programs lol.

Thanks for reading

Jamie.

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for replying, i'll be driving the headphones from my x-fi titanium soundcard or even the amplified headphone socket on my MSI Z87-G45 motherboard depending on what sounds the best, so by now you probably can guess im not an audiophile. :p

I'm just looking for a cheap set of on ear or over ear headphones that will be comfortable with decent sound as I don't really like IEM's. From what I have read the headphones ive listed are pretty good for the price but im just struggling to choose between them I could maybe go a little higher on the budget but to be really honest not by much :frowning2:

Going by what you are saying though I take it the Panasonic RP-HTX7A or AKG K 450 would be best for isolation since they seem to be closed back.

I guess I was hoping someone would have experience with these sets and could say what had the best sound and comfort out the bunch or could recommend another set over them around the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back