Help choosing an mp3 player for xmas
Dec 18, 2006 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rebe

New Head-Fier
I've never had an mp3 player before, but I've decided to take the plunge and ask for one for this year. I have no idea what I want. The only requirement I have is that it be hard drive based. I'm no audiophile, so the best sound quality would be lost on me.

I'll use it mostly in the car, or while walking and taking public transportation (ie NOT jogging or at the gym).

I have a few hundred CDs but don't need to put them all on the player. I also have a few podcasts that I subscribe to through iTunes and listen to on the computer, but I've converted only a couple of CDs to WMA or AAC. I would like to be able to listen to podcasts on the device (can I do this with a Windows device like the Gigabeat?).

What I'd also like, but not required:
--Ability to download photos from a DSLR (Canon 30D) while traveling
--Ability to play videos for toddler while traveling

I use Windows XP, but I have iTunes as my default media player (don't care as much for Windows Media, but I'm not so committed to iTunes that I wouldn't switch to a Windows device).

So far, the Creative Zen Vision W seems like it would fit the bill (esp. for the CF slot), but is this my best bet?

Dec 18, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Does your DSLR use compact flash? If so, it's a no-brainer.

I haven't seen any reviews of that player, but it looks perfect for you. Since you don't need it to be light or small, I'd say go for it over the iPod.

And be sure to give us a review!

Dec 19, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes, my camera does have CF, so the slot would be very handy. But I understand that I can get an adapter for the iPod that should work too.

Will I be able to listen to my podcasts that I have in iTunes on the Creative, or are podcasts iPod only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back