HELP ---------------------------------> cheapest place to buy Beyerdynamic DT880 ???
Feb 11, 2005 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cozmo5050

Head-Fier
i own the senn 590's and would like to 'upgrade' to these phones Beyerdynamic DT880!!!. they are so hot-looking, that soft, pillowy silver velour..

what are the differences in their sound? comfort? weight? build quality compared to HD590's?

anyone know where i can get these in a chain store(souther california)? online? price?

thanks, in advance.

this website is like crack cocaine. my wallet takes the backseat when it comes to bliss.

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 14
Settle Down Beavis, and lose the 20 foot arrow in your subject line. One pronouciation character also usually does the trick. People will be more inclined to help you.

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 14
I've heard you can get them used for around $200. Otherwise, expect to pay around $240-50 new.

I got mine for $250 at Todd the Vinyl Junkie.

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 14
i hope people help me regardless.

but ok. ill follow the conservative advice.

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkangpae
I've heard you can get them used for around $200. Otherwise, expect to pay around $240-50 new.

I got mine for $250 at Todd the Vinyl Junkie.

how do u like them? could u go into further detail?

Feb 11, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #8 of 14
the HD590's are actually my first pair of 'higher-end' headphones... so i dont really have a basis of comparison to anything else, except the Bose triports. music i usually listen to includes jazz and afro-cuban rhythyms, hip hop, ... a large variation actually.

how is the comfort? build quality?

thanks for the replies.

Feb 11, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #9 of 14
the build quality is great, and they fit my large head very comfortably, though i've never gotten to wear them for more than 15 minutes so i don't know what long term comfort is like with them. they don't have a huge bass, if you are looking for that.

Feb 11, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by cozmo5050
how is the comfort? build quality?

Among the best in both categories.
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #11 of 14
how does the bass compare to the HD590's? im not a bass freak, but if it could be described and 'smooth' and tight, id go for it.

--have u ever owned senns in comparison?

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #13 of 14
The best price for the DT880 would be at http://www.bhphotovideo.com
They sell them for $237.50 new, but are currently out of stock. The second best place would be Todd, where I got mine, for about $251 shipped. The worst would be headphone.com for $270 shipped.

Regarding comfort, its top notch. You can put the headphones on and while I won't say that they disappear (honestly, how could they?), they do feel great. Once you take them off, there isn't any kind of sweaty feeling or anything. Simply as if they were never there. Build quality is good as well. There are some bits of plastic (just about every type has them) but there is also plenty of solid metal. The aluminum box is simply glorious to open.

My only reference is the A500s and the AKG 240s... and I know for a fact that the DT880s are superior. All I can safely say is that they sound good. Get an amp though.

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #14 of 14
wow, the going price for these cans are higher than i thought, although probably worth it.

im sure there are many audiophiles out there who would rather persuade me to pick something else.

what i look for when it comes to design/build: Velour pads, and the single sided, detachable cord, quality materials, etc. i dunno... but from my experiences with using the Bose Triports... the pleather cushions make my ears sweat after more than 30 minutes.

any other cans out there people suggest?

again, THANKS TO ALL.
icon10.gif

-C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back