HELP! Can't Decide! Grado sr325is or RS2i ?
Jan 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
I didn't get to listen to the rs1i while I was in the store. For me dishing out $700 for a pair a headphones is more than I can afford. When I meant that money is not a problem. I was regarding the sr325is and rs2i because I have ~$600 to spend and I want the best for my money. That being said. Would you happen to know if there is any signifiant improvement going form sr225i to sr325is or rs2i? If the improvement is a good one, I will buy the rs2i but if not I think I won't. Also, for me the weight and size of the headphone matters. I do plan on taking these out of the house and listening to them. Which headphone is larger? the SR325is or RS2i? and which one is heavier? Also if you think that taking the Grados out of the house is the worst Idea in the world. Could you give me a recommendation on a pair of headphones that are great for classic rock and are also better for environments outside of the house. EG: school, city, bus?

Thanks in advance.

Easy call there ~ RS2i or bust :)

I've tried going out with my 325i ~ it's beyond madness, the weight of the cups, the cable already quite
 thick will also need the step-down adapter from 1/4 to 1/8inch to fit digital players - RS2i is quite a bit lighter
 and that makes it workable for outside use. Hey if John Mayer (not a fan) walks the 
 streets of NY with a pair of Grado woodies ~ you too can do RS2's out in public :)

size]

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:

Easy call there ~ RS2i or bust :)

I've tried going out with my 325i ~ it's beyond madness, the weight of the cups, the cable already quite
 thick will also need the step-down adapter from 1/4 to 1/8inch to fit digital players - RS2i is quite a bit lighter
 and that makes it workable for outside use. Hey if John Mayer (not a fan) walks the 
 streets of NY with a pair of Grado woodies ~ you too can do RS2's out in public :)

size]

Awesome post! I was looking for a post that shows how much the Grados stick out of the head and this picture is just perfect. Nice Find! The RS2i look "classic" IMO and I really do like the classic look, but the sr325is look more Retro and I also like that look. Since I like the look of both of them, it comes down to sound quality. Is they RS2i greater in any specific aspect? Like what is better on it. Now that all my design questions are answered I still want to know which one will be much better when I sit down and listen to Queen for a couple of hours. 

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #18 of 18
I just got the RS2i and had them burned in for about 48 hours. They do start off quite bright before burn in but from listening to them and the Sr325is fully burned in side by side in my local audio specialty store, I found the Sr325is to be unbearably bright. Also, the RS2i is alot lighter and I also did a comparison with the store's fully burned in RS1i from the RS2i. The improvement in sound quality is substantially less than from the Sr325is to the RS2i. You will not be dissapointed with the RS2i. It's madly underrated and overshadowed by the RS1i. RS1i is only if you need to get one of the flagship models of Grado or are an audiophile extremist with truly experienced ears to tell the "difference". Though I must state that the RS1i comes with a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor and a really long extension cable and a steel driver housing support that the RS2i (plastic) doesn't have. IMO it better come with it considering the $200 increase in price tag and only a hair difference in sound.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back