help buying sub 100 earbuds
Jan 17, 2023 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

theadept

New Head-Fier
i listen to rap, hardstyle, trance. i love bass, but trance has its detailed sounds. so pretty much im look in for a ******** of bass, but i also want to hear the precise sounds from trance. im not audiophile so i dont really know how to term that...hopefully i got it
this is what i was thinking:
V-MODA Bass Freq Earbuds - cool lookin
V-MODA Vibe Earbuds - also cool lookin
Sennheiser CX300-W Earbuds (White)
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones
XtremeMac IPD-FSE-10 FS1 Earphones
FS1-Black - High Def Earphones
from what ive heard the bass freq's have exceptional bass, but i dont know how that compares to the others since they are higher-end(?). i would appreciate comparisons in regards of bass and how well it preserves the minor sounds from trance.
thanks

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 2
Hello!

Those models you listed are old and quite unknown to the Head-Fi community, so sound will be unknown and incomparable. Though Sennheiser, UE and maybe V-MODA are popular brands still talked about here today because they release frequent, notable products. Also, the earbuds you listed have a style that isn't produced today. A lot of us earbuds users like the "IEM"/"In-ear monitor" style. It was intended for stage-performers to monitor sound but people here like the cable-over-the-ear style. This form factor also allows for larger drivers to be fit in the earbud, also taking up more space and possibly being more uncomfortable. And to answer your post, a music track is pre-recorded and made of frequencies, so you should still be able to hear every recorded detail from the track. The earbud has to reproduce it well and it doesn't cost a lot to do it well. Bass-bleed is a term we use to describe a large frequency of bass that covers up some detail of the midrange, so that is why the most "detailed" earbud doesn't have a ton of bass. Also, separation and soundstage plays a role so instruments don't overlap too much causing one or the other to be lost in the track.

In terms of rap and trance, I would suggest either a V-shaped, Harman, or bass-boosted earbud. I don't recall a lot of options near $100 that have a ton of bass, but if you want to dip your toes, I would say the HBB x QKZ IEM sounds like a good option because it has more bass than usual. I have to say that I haven't heard it but the tuner put more bass into it than usual. If you want more information: some reviewers who like bass I would point you toward are RikuodouGoku and BGGAR (also known as HBB). BGGAR's rankings can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TH9_bqUq1vANsFiXVbVZ6w8kVA9C3DkknnMGyIcKE7M/edit#gid=0. Goku's rankings can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/edit#gid=930033404. Happy hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back