Help buying my first headsets!
Jan 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hyperionel

New Head-Fier
(Sorry for any grammar mistakes)

Hello guys,

I decided to buy my first pair of entry level headphones and after some research I decided on Creative Aurvana Live! since it had pretty good reviews and everybody recommended it as a good starting pair. I was all set until one of the stores in my country recently had a big discount on skulllcandy headsets particularly the SkullCandy Aviator (Eric Koston Edition???). The price on the CAL! is around 69$ and the SkullCandy's are around 87$ . I listen to all sorts of music besides dubstep or any related genre and I'm not really a basshead. I just want a good all around headset.

Edit: Also I failed to mention about SkullCandy Crusher Realtree at 71$ if they might be a choice. 

Can you please help me make a decision? Thanks!

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't know anything about the CAL!, but as a teenager that used Skullcandy before, I can tell you that they aren't too good, with the Aviator being the only exception. To me, the Aviator still isn't great, but it is good looking, and sounds decent. 
What kind of cans do you want? Open or closed? What kind of use are they seeing? What is your budget?

Regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back