Help building a cmoy amp - cmoy vs. cmoybb?
Mar 6, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #31 of 49
Mar 7, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred_fred2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the simpliest I've found and it works very well

Thanks Fred,
This circuit has also a Phantom power? because my microphones need 48V.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #33 of 49
Yes it has power for the mic via R1

I use it with little electret mic inserts, 48 volts sounds like a lot for a microphone what are they?

cheers
FRED

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Yes it has power for the mic via R1

I use it with little electret mic inserts, 48 volts sounds like a lot for a microphone what are they?

cheers
FRED

They are small diafragm condensator mic for recording acoustical instruments.
Here you have them: MBHO GmbH Mikrofonbau Haun - handmade microphones
Cheers!

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #35 of 49
I think you need to look deeper, a simple circuit like that won't provide anything like the voltage needed. start googling :)

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

I think you need to look deeper, a simple circuit like that won't provide anything like the voltage needed. start googling :)

What do you guy's think about this one???
http://www.audiokits.de/download/aud...Pre_Aufbau.pdf

its a kind of "Green amp"
Cheers Lucian.

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #37 of 49
Alright so I'm hoping someone can offer me some assistance here. I'm pretty sure it's going to be me overlooking something really simple.

Because Mouser was out of this bass boost toggle switch I ordered this external toggle switch.

I probably didn't think it all the way through when I bought it or didn't pay enough attention. I'm kinda confused on how to connect this switch. I read this modification guide but it's still a little hazy, my switch doesn't look the same.

I'm going to try to find the internal locally tomorrow. But also I've been following the assembly guide on the JDSLabs site. I skipped step 5 on the list because I wasn't sure about the switch. But the last step (step 11) is really confusing. Will there be another available socket once the bass toggle switch is soldered in?

I don't see any other socket for the opamp to go into, what am I missing?

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #38 of 49
You've got to decide if you want a switch or a variable control. You have bought a switch and you are looking at a potentiometer thats why it confusing you

cheers
FRED

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #39 of 49
Is there any benefit to having variable control? Which would you recommend?

I guess I'm confused because the part description said switch, there were other alternative parts that were potentiometers but I didn't opt for those.

Where will the opamp go or will that make more sense after I figure out which route to take on the switch?

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #40 of 49
Mar 8, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #42 of 49
I ordered the internal switch from Mouser. I'm still getting back into electronics and figure I'll play it safe for now.

But I am a bit unclear on where the opamp goes. I followed the steps but it doesn't specify where to put it and there's no room left on the board. I'm guessing it's something simple I'm just overlooking.

Thanks

Edit: Pretty sure I have the switch down. Still don't know where the op amp will go. Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mhamel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lasraik,

The TLE2426CP is in a 8-pin DIP package, rather than a 3-pin TO-92, but as long as you work with the data sheet and use the correct pins, you can use it just the same. If you need the smaller package, that one does appear to be out of stock currently.

As for the pot... my mistake, I looked quickly last night, and mixed up the "in stock" quantity with the "on order" quantity. Given that, easiest would be to order from Tangent's parts shop, since he has that available.

-Mike

Alright, this is why I was confused
confused_face(1).gif
I forgot I ordered this part instead of the one on the material list because I couldn't find them in stock.

U2 is a 3 pin slot and the TLE2426CP is an 8 pin. I'm reading over the data sheet but it's over my head. Would it not be connected to the board using this part instead of the TLE2426CLP?

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #44 of 49
Sorry to resurrect this thread,

Currently my gain for the cmoy BB is set to 2 but I find it a little too high for sensitive IEMs,
can I drop it down to maybe 1.5?

I'm using R3 10K R4 10K.

Any help will be nice =)

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #45 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to resurrect this thread,

Currently my gain for the cmoy BB is set to 2 but I find it a little too high for sensitive IEMs,
can I drop it down to maybe 1.5?

I'm using R3 10K R4 10K.

Any help will be nice =)

Sure you can drop it down to 1.5 (make R3 20K for that), just make sure the opamp you use is stable at that lower gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back