Help, brandnew E5 cracks
May 23, 2005 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

toucam

Head-Fier
May 23, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #2 of 10
While I'm no expert, this doesn't look like a big problem to me. Eventually it might become unusable, but it wouldn't be an expensive or extensive repair. I would say don't worry about it. Maybe someone has some sort of suggestion for something that could fill in the crack and maybe prevent future ones.

May 23, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 10
hello,

I swear some people have no common sense at all.

If the product is new and you have an issue with the build quality, by all means send it back or take it up with the party you purchased it from.

May 23, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by toucam
I received E5 this morning, but I've noticed there're cracks on the plug (circle part of the pictures). In long term use I fear that the cracked plastic part may actually fall out and damage the plug, what should I do? Should I be worried?
Can E5 owners comfirm if yours also have this problem?

Don't worry send them back.
After all... they are under warranty. No?
I would
cool.gif

May 23, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 10
Well, I've decided I would ask for a replacement. I purchased it from Earphonesolutions with 2 years warranty, and I'm in the UK (that's why I was much deliberation sending it back to US)
mad.gif
. Actually I'm not really worried that "much" but spending nearly $400 on it and the plug has cracks is really annoying. It's bugging me, if you know what I mean
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #8 of 10
hello,

Perhaps a wiser choice would be for you to contact the vendor in the US and see if arrangements cannot be made for replacement from a Shure authorized centre in the UK.

May 23, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkfire
hello,

Perhaps a wiser choice would be for you to contact the vendor in the US and see if arrangements cannot be made for replacement from a Shure authorized centre in the UK.

Good call - That'd save a boatload of hassle!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #10 of 10
Nope, I will have to ship it back to Earphonesolutions and they will send me a replacement (from US too). I hate waiting, especially after listening to the E5 all day. Such an improvement to E3, the bass is how can I say, very much my taste, Tiesto's In search of Sunrise 4 blew my mind to pieces.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back