Help! Blues genre tag problem with Creative ZVM
Apr 1, 2006 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jubei

Headphoneus Supremus
I have encountered a strange problem with my Creative ZVM that concerns the genre tag. The player properly treats all music genres (so far) with the exception of "Blues" - somehow the ZVM cannot display the my blues albums in the right way. It either does not appear at all under the genre menu (although the music can be found under artist or albums) or it gets displayed as "(0)Blues". Viewing the MP3 files in The Godfather show they are properly tagged - when I open the tags in Creative's MediaSource Organizer software, the tags are again displayed as "(0)Blues". This is a real pain and I was wondering if anyone can tell what the deal is.

Also, does the ZVM read ID3 v2 tags only??

Apr 2, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 3
Done so more tweaking with no success.

Viewed files with Windows Explorer - file summary indicates Genre tag is "Blues".
The Godfather shows the same file has "Blues" as genre tag in both ID3 v1.1 and v2 boxes, BUT Creative MediaSource indicates genre tags as "unknown"!!!!!

If I ID3 v2 tag is "Blues" but ID3 v1.1 tag is anything, even Pop, after clearing and retagging, MediaSource may display genre as "Blues".

It makes zero sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back