[Help] Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (250 Ohm) no more Stereo-Sound!
Apr 16, 2015 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Eggaboy

New Head-Fier
Hello guys I am quite desperate and need your help :)
A few weeks back I was watching a video with my DR 990 PRO (250 Ohm) as the sound suddenly broke down, with broke down I mean I wasnt able to understand anything at all, some sounds came threw clearly I was no longer able to understand the persons talking in the video. After further inspection i noticed that if I inserted the 3.5mm jack just right into my Sound-Card I was able to get the headphones working again, but only Mono-Sound. Either left, right or both(still mono).
So I made a Stereo-Sound test: When the sound should have come from the left side there was none at all. When the sound should have come from the right side, I heared it on both sides. I played around with the Sound-Card and the 3.5mm jack while doing the test and than the Sound only played on left side, the right side or both at the same time (while sounding correct).

I don't know what the problem might be would be really nice if someone would know how I could fix this, because they are no longer under warranty, I can't really afford a new pair of headphones as I am a student :S

Obviously feel free to ask me any questions if I wasn't clear enough or you need any further information.

Thanks in advance, Eggaboy.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 5
Could be the jack is bad on your headphones. Could be the plugin on your computer is bad. Did you try your headphones with other devices to eliminate one of those possibilities?

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Definitely sounds like the plug on your headphone is probably bad. I would research how to replace it. Not too hard. Not too expensive. Might as well give it a try :)

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 5
Is it possible that the drivers are broken? Tough that would seem seem weird to me because they work fine when using Mono-Sound. But I can play music over either of the sides(only one simultaneously) using a MacBook so the jack should work fine. Or am I mistaken and the jack can fail to transmit Stereo-Sound correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back