Help! Beyer or Senn?
Jan 21, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks everyone for your help. I pulled the trigger on the DT880/600Ohm Manufaktur. Should have them in about a week. Can't wait to hear them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Pete at Manufaktur said the D4 will power the 600Ohm version with no problem, just in case anyone is interested.

Congratulations! I am sure you will love them. And if beyer says the D4 will drive them, I would not doubt them.

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #18 of 21
That's a nice headphone you've chosen. Give us impressions and a picture of the colour combo you've chosen.

Jan 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would buy the MANUFAKTUR version of the 880/600 off the beyer site.

why there are places that are cheaper, BHphoto very popular online vender has them for 320.00 with free shipping. Not sure what the manufaktur version entails but im just noting they have the Dt880 600ohms

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a nice headphone you've chosen. Give us impressions and a picture of the colour combo you've chosen.

Will do.
wink.gif
I ended up changing my original color combo. I had them all decked out in color and thought I liked it, but then looked at it the next day and hated it lol. So I went for all black (pads, yoke, leather headband, etc.), carbon fiber housing, and a dark blue aluring...much better.

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been searching and reading for weeks looking for the most neutral, balanced headphone for under $400, but am still undecided due to not being able to hear the DT880s. Not even my beloved headphone store, 32 Ohm, carries them. I've heard the Senn HD650 and HD600 a few times in various hi-fi stores and thought they sounded as close to neutral as I've heard, but am interested in the major differences between the Senns and the Beyers. Also, are there any major differences in sound quality between the DT880 and DT880 Pro? And why is the MSRP of the Beyers so much less than the Senns if they are on the same level? Are they really on the same level sq wise? What I have read so far has helped somewhat, but I just wanted some current comments, not old comments from 2005 - 2007.

I almost bought the HD650 because Amazon had them for $350, but couldn't pull the trigger. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a headphone that has the common problem of paint chipping off the headband...to me this is a major problem. I also thought they sounded a bit dark, thus not really that neutral.

So will it be the DT880, DT880 Pro, or will it be something else? That is the question that will hopefully be answered with your help.

Just one more thing. Do any of you prefer the DT990 over the DT880? Are the 990s really that bright?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you can give me.
happy_face1.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I will be listening to them on my PC, foobar2000, and ibasso D4. I don't have a more powerful amp, but if any of you think the D4 will power the DT880/600ohm let me know. My wallet is feeling sorry for itself at this point so really can't be looking to amp up at this point.

You really want the most Neutral/flat sounding Beyer or Senn? It's a acquired taste..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back