HELP ! best sounding mp3 player to buy no iMod
Apr 16, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 13
Sansa Fuze instead of the clip.

Apr 16, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 13
Apr 16, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 13
Cowon D2 is a great choice overall!

Apr 16, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 13
thx for the reply everyone right now i'm using cowon d2 and i wonder if there is a better sounding DAP since my sister ask me to give her my d2 so i need a new DAP to replace my D2 and i'm looking for something better in term of SQ.thxx.does the new sony nw a829 has better SQ than D2 ?

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #8 of 13
Sorry, it is old, but technically you can't beat a DAP with a digital-out[iRiver H140] feeding a decent DAC & Amp.

Then the player is nothing more than a glorified harddrive.

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #10 of 13
I'm never dropping my D2, well maybe for a D3.

I chose it entirely because of its documented great SQ, well its SDHC compatability was a deal-maker.
In fact my first DAP w/colour screen, so the themes are wonderous to me.

Do you go to http://www.iAudiophile.net Punnisher? Superb source of D2 news & upgrades.

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #11 of 13
X2 for Sony players.
Sony models may not have all those flashy functions, but when it comes to SQ I think it is the best. I ended up with A818 even after considerable shopping around (although I'm tempted to get new A82x series rececently).

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm never dropping my D2, well maybe for a D3.

I chose it entirely because of its documented great SQ, well its SDHC compatability was a deal-maker.
In fact my first DAP w/colour screen, so the themes are wonderous to me.

Do you go to http://www.iAudiophile.net Punnisher? Superb source of D2 news & upgrades.

Yeah I am a frequent poster there, mainly in the D2 section.

OP, you may check out the X5 as well. The headphone out sounds really nice. It's somewhat colored compared to the neutral D2. It's warmer but at the same time the highs a little more pronounced than the D2. Plus it runs Rockbox! Can't go wrong there.

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #13 of 13
I'm definitely putting my vote towards the Sansa Clip.
I bought it as a cheap replacement for my ipod photo, (died shortly after warranty expired
rolleyes.gif
, was gonna use it until i found something similar to the ipod, nice roomy HDD etc...

Imagine my surprise when i was greeted by the best sound i've ever heard from any portable. In fact, it even rivals my home rig in some ways.
And this in unamped.

I love it. Gonna buy another one, just in case they stop making them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back