Help: Best 22-26 monitor under 275$
Jan 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

debitsohn

Headphoneus Supremus
I see the other thread but the ones they talk about, for the most part, are out of my price range.

im looking at the T240HD and a couple LG monitors. I dont really care for LG products but it seems their monitors are pretty good.

thanks for any input!

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 9
Well, I don't actually know that much about monitors. But for what its worth, I have a T260HD and I think its great for the money. It's clear, smooth and bright with good movie performance as well as typical computer activities. The few complaints I could make relate more to its performance as a TV. It is slow to turn on, slow between channels and slow to change between inputs. This might not bother you. Also, I'm not sure about the 240, but the 260 doesn't have a real power button. It has a place that you touch on the frame to turn it on. It was a neat feature for a day but ever since then its been annoying, impossible to find in the dark. Again though, as a monitor, I love it.

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 9
LG 2453

This is what I have now and love it. Only issue is there is some slight banding but not much different than my previous samsung.

Though if I were to buy another monitor i'd probably look at a Samsung P2570 but only because of the .6 of an inch difference :p

Jan 27, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 9
Samsung SyncMaster T220HD
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #7 of 9
You might have a look here and click on refurbished. I got the EA261WM when it was on sale for $269.00 over the holidays. I have seen comments that NEC's customer support is very good too.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 9
thanks everyone. i wish i had the money for a new monitor but because of this website, i find myself with new headphones w/ jmoney headband, new cMoy and all kinds of gear to start making DIY cables. lol
you should see my wallet... its been a long time since its been so flat.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #9 of 9
I have one of the new LG W2486L LED backlit monitors. It is truly beautiful. The colors are great, the contrast is great, response times are excellent. The only downside is the limited adjustability of the stand. Some people might not like that. It's never been a problem for me, though.

The monitor looks even more phenomenal if you get a color calibration tool to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back