Help! Beresford TC-7520 DAC or Audio-gd Compass
Oct 14, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #16 of 17
just out of curiosity y did you buy one cause you were SOOOOO against him

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mostly synergy. The TC7520 absolutely delivers on pace, rhythm, and timing, and has a smooth quality that makes it absolutely easy to listen to- yet it still is able to communicate that Grado edge and bite, especially, when you roll the opamps. Transparency is there, attack is there, really it just does things "right". It's not the sort of tangible, "mids are slightly forward, highs are nicely extended, small lower-midbass hump" sound signature, in my mind, it's the "I'll get arthritis in my leg if it taps any more" type of synergy and presentation. In my opinion, the Beresford is a means of conveying the soul of the music, rather than an electronic signal.

Meanwhile, I felt like the Audio-GD was just a piece of equipment. It was quite a nice sounding unit, and it was excellent when we fed it into the MiniMax. But I definitely got the sense of listening to music through headphones, if you know what I mean. It didn't present bass like the Beresford does, it didn't just flow the mids into my brain like the Beresford does. I like a transparent, lively, energetic sound, and the Compass just didn't deliver for me.

I know that this isn't the usual audiophile speak and I'm not really talking in tangible terms, but this is how I feel. If there are any more specific questions I'll elaborate as best as I can.

Is this in reference to your rig 1? Are you using an amp not listed in your sig or is this just the 225's through the Beresford?

thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back