[Help] Aune T1 Mk2 - Connecting to headphones and powered speakers+subwoofer
Jul 11, 2015 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

fharonbsd

New Head-Fier
I have a few questions about the Aune T1 Mk2. I'm very new to dedicated DAC/amp devices, so pardon my lack of technical understanding. I'm willing to learn! Prior to this purchase, I had a Audioengine D1 that I used to connect my Audioengine A2 powered speakers + subwoofer and HD650. Though I felt it had a hard time driving the HD650, it seamlessly transitioned playing audio to and from speakers+sub and headphones. Whenever I wanted to use the headphones, I plugged them in and the audio would stop playing on the 2.1 setup and only play on the headphones. 

I didn't realize Aune T1 Mk2 doesn't work that way. I have a digital signal coming into the T1. The signal, I believe, is sent to both headphone jack and RCA output. So I figured, okay, I will need to get used to reaching behind the A2 speakers and turning off the volume to zero whenever I want to use my headphones. 

I thought I was going to be okay with this, and started listening to some music.. and I thought, 'man I can't believe how amazing the bass is now on my HD650..." But I realized even when the A2 speakers' volume is clicked to off, it's still sending signal to the subwoofer!

A2's relevant connections consist of Input A (RCA in) and Input B (3.5 mm in). However, when you want to use a subwoofer with the A2, you connect the subwoofer to the 3.5 mm and it will receive the pre-amped (i think) signal from the RCA input.

So even with the volume knob turned off, A2 is somehow still sending audio to the subwoofer, which is a problem when I just want to listen via headphones. Is there a workaround for this? I hope I'm just missing something blatantly obvious. The only way I can think of is to disconnect the RCA cables going from T1 to A2 speakers, so it doesn't even relay to the subwoofer. But doing this every time I want to use my headphones seem... so inconvenient. 

I appreciate any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back