Help! Audigy 2 ZS Notebook vs Audigy 2 NX USB
Jun 4, 2007 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dealmaster00

100+ Head-Fier
OK...I want to get a better soundcard for my lappy, which right now only has integrated sound. I have these two options:

Audigy 2 NX
Audigy 2 ZS Notebook

Does anyone know offhand which has better quality? I can get either one at about the same price, so that really isn't a concern. I have a Xin Reference on the way...so I am also concerned about quality while amped. Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys. :p

Jun 5, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 5
I can't say anything about the NX but I have had the Audigy2 Notebook for some time. I, personally, have never had a problem with it. Although it seems a lot of people prefer other notebook cards over it.

I actually recently reinstalled the drivers on a new laptop. I had been using the built in card through my Headfive and into my beyers. As soon as I hooked in the Audigy2 I noticed a massive difference. It is nice to be using it again.

So I have no problem and would recommend it but I would wait for others to put in their 2 cents.

Jun 5, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 5
Both are quite mediocre.
If you want PCMCI solution Echo Indigo DJ is a much better option, esp if you are planing to get a headamp as it has dedicated line out.

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 5
PCMCIA is slowly being phased out and replaced with express card. On the other hand, USB will be there for a long time. But i wouldn't go for usb ust for portability sake. If your only computer is a laptop, then i'd understand, if not then i'd say abstain and keep your money.

Jun 5, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both are quite mediocre.
If you want PCMCI solution Echo Indigo DJ is a much better option, esp if you are planing to get a headamp as it has dedicated line out.

ok, thanks for the info. now i have to decide if i want to pay $30 vs $160.....

actually...could anyone recommend a sound card that has a dedicated lineout that isn't as expensive (and that would work with a notebook)?

edit: ended up getting audigy 2 NX for 30 bucks shipped. couldn't pass up on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back