Help! Any MiniDisc experts here?
May 1, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no reason to get into sq debates. md fanatics are quoted as saying that md sounds better than cd and that md i better because it is digital. so, let's just not open that lol sort of debate - not when the proof otherwise exists elsewhere.

Well said. I love my HiMD/Atrac stuff, but I'm not going to sit here and argue about it, I'll be content to enjoy my gear and let everyone else dig what they run... The OP's query had nothing to do with SQ - let's leave it that way.
wink_face.gif

May 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In any event... if your player is acting up then it's probably time to move into the current century and get a good DAP.

Not familar with DAP's. Can they replace MD for the purposes I require? These would be a line-in function and D/A converter so I can record comps from any source (i.e. CD, phono amp/intergrated amp for vinyl), and the ability to erase/edit and record over and over. Or would I need to go from source through separate D/A converter and then to DAP?

What I'm trying to get across is that the MD replaced the analog cassette for my compilations from vinyl and CD. If I am going to upgrade from MD, those (above) are my requirements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This happen to me on an old MD I had. Laser was on the way out.

The unit is coming up on 10 years. Maybe it's the laser in my case as well, although I have not had any recording/playback glitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back