Help! Any DIY solutions for a broken headband of Stax SR L300?
Feb 15, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #16 of 21
Wanna sell 'em now?

Hehehe.

Seriously, a very good job indeed.

I am constantly fixing stuff, but only occasionally do I get to work on something that I'd enjoy like a pair of Stax! Last project like that was a brand new display model Nespresso machine I just happened to see being tossed in a dumpster outside of Walmart. Recognized it from a distance because I've had my eye on one for a while but just couldn't bring myself to shell out the cash. LemmieTellYaWhat... Fixing that thing up has sure made all my other projects a lot more pleasurable - if not faster!

-jrt

As a matter of fact, I did (sold them i.e.)

I enjoyed modding them, however, I soon realized that the sound signature was not for me. These Stax brings out too much detail and definitely have the best highs I have heard in a headphone, but I prefer a darker sound signature. I finally settled on an Audeze LCD2.2.

That Nespresso machine sounds like a good find!

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #17 of 21
I planning to use this headband on my next broken headphones...:)
looks like metal good one,
HTB1VZo3dgvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaM.jpg_q90.jpg

dont know about stax,
plan to use one Sennheiser hd650 when it will brake

I bough the open back one, but differently one of the greatest Headbands, great 90mm ear pads . and even good sounding by itself, better headband from many headphones that I using and used.
The B8 is an amazing headphone! I compare this one to my best Planars.

For my Stax L300 I had the same issue with the broken headband. Stupid plastic fantastic crap it is!

I've no Idea why Stax does create this plastic crap on such good electrostatic earspeakers! What is going on in their design studio?

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #18 of 21

I enjoyed modding them, however, I soon realized that the sound signature was not for me. These Stax brings out too much detail and definitely have the best highs I have heard in a headphone, but I prefer a darker sound signature. I finally settled on an Audeze LCD2.2.

this is a much more strong design:
1604071931847.png

1604071981164.png

why oh why did Stax designers use stupid weak plastics..... ?

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #19 of 21

did you try this boy also?

1604072251731.png

Audeze LCD-XC. Best I've ever heard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back