help another poor soul lighten his wallet
Mar 24, 2009 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

munchies

New Head-Fier
hey guys

long time forum lurker here. I remember starting out with my MS-1's and am currently settled with a pair of hd650s and a Darkvoice 336se. IEM wise, I have owned a pair of shure e3s and ety er6is, the former is broken (cuts in and out when i move my head) and the latter was given to my sister.

I haven't been on the forum for a while but have come back and been overwhelmed by the number of new iem vendors- everyone and their grandmother is making iems now! I've been trying to catch up as fast as possible, but I am embarking on ~9 months of almost constant travel in a month so I need a new pair of iems quick.

I want a sound signature as similar to the hd650s as possible. Of the iems I have owned, I preferred the E3s over the er6s b/c of their mids and b/c I found the er6s thin and peaky (I am sensitive to excessive treble). I am considering the PK3s, PFEs, atrios, turbines, IE8s, and Westone 3s (from cheapest to most expensive). I hope to find the best price/performance ratio, but could splurge if the sound is right.

I have read many threads but hope you guys who generously review and purchase multiple iems can pull things into perspective.

Thanks
Eugene

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 4
So what is your question? lol

You seem to know what you want, just pick based on your budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back