Help and advice needed
Apr 20, 2020 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Stonyjim

New Head-Fier
Hi All, in need some advice.

I have a set of Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Headphones and an Arcam rhead headphone amp with a turntable, CD player and Streamer used I as part of a system.

Despite the nice bass and clarity I hate the broken and harsh treble I am getting from the headphones and I am looking for a good alternative recommended set of headphones with a softer treble and a sound that will appeal to someone like me who likes Arcam amps, Monitor Audio speakers and a smother vinyl sound. Less than 500 pounds a pair preferred.

Thanks.

Apr 21, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I like the look of them when I looked at them online. Look like a high quality finish. Was also looking at a deal I saw on Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon at Amazon. Are they similar do you know as they seem good value (but some very poor reviews and some very positive reviews so hard to know) ?

Apr 21, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 10
Does it matter if the headphones are open or closed?

Apr 21, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #7 of 10
Yeah, I kinda regret having the DT770 (250) because of the harsh treble. The Meze 99 Classic got my vote too, I own this headphone too and it's not harsh at all and it has great clarity too.

Apr 21, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 10
Exactly. Not worth the hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back