Help: Amp decision for Beats Studio, Audio Technica ath-pro700mk2, and Sennheiser Momentum using Galaxy Note 3
Nov 16, 2013 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cabrown3

New Head-Fier
Mainly I am wondering if there is a good amplifier out there under $75 that would make the Beats Studios sound brilliant all around making it sound like it costs while retaining its "powerful" bass. I would like to get the studios because I am style conscious, but I am also leaning towards the 2 listed in the title, with an amp (if and which one recommended by you guys). As you could have guessed I am interested in more bass since I listen to 90-95% rap and hip hop. I will be using a Galaxy Note 3 in the near future and have a Toshiba Satellite laptop to be used as well.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 16, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 2
Beats Studio have their own amp for the sound reproduction due to the ANC section, so no amp is going to improve the quality objectively. That said, an amp with an EQ will alter the signal. For that a FiiO E11 will do.

There does not exist a single amp, at any price range that will make a headphone sound significantly better than they are as long as they are powered properly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back