Help, a song stuck in my head
Feb 19, 2005 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sno1man

1000+ Head-Fier
It's a medium tempo song lots of synths vaguely british sounding, a few of the lyrics.

You don't know how to play the game,
you cheat and you lie, you make me want to cry........

I think the name of the song might be Cry but I have no idea who does it. The little bit of melody has been stuck in my head for two days....

I have to find it just to see if it might be a song I would like to buy.

Anyone got any ideas?

Feb 19, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 8
Man you guys are quick ! That is it. Off to get it as we speak. Too bad it's not on itunes

Kind of overwrought but something about it i like.

Thanks a bunch

Edit: actually is on itunes just under Creme and Godley
rolleyes.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Google turned up "Forever Live & Die" by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD) and "Cry" by Godley & Creme. Listened to a soundclip of "Forever Live & Die" and it's as you described it.

Hope this is of any help
smily_headphones1.gif

(Fortunately the song didn't get stuck in my head as it sounded terrible IMHO
biggrin.gif
)

EDIT: Too late
rolleyes.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 8
The song "Cry" is indeed by Godley & Creme (formerly of 10cc) and appears on "The History Mix, Vol 1". By the way, the video for this song is very trippy. If you can track it down, check it out. Highly recommended. Funny, I got in the mood to hear this song several weeks ago as well. Hmmmmmmmm.

Feb 20, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion Zion
The song "Cry" is indeed by Godley & Creme (formerly of 10cc) and appears on "The History Mix, Vol 1". By the way, the video for this song is very trippy. If you can track it down, check it out. Highly recommended. Funny, I got in the mood to hear this song several weeks ago as well. Hmmmmmmmm.

Boy were you right about the video. I needed some brownies
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back