Help a newcomer with a headphones discussion.
Dec 26, 2008 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

clubfunk

New Head-Fier
Which are better headphones? The Shure SCL3 or the SCL4? I can get either or at a really good deal. I usually listen to rap or rock and movies.

Any help would be great!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 5
well, im going to tell you this. Both are are wonderful headphones, both are bass light. So these would not be a good choice for rap at all. For rock, they are more than sufficient. SCL4 being the better choice.

Other things to look at are those Nuforce headphones, or if you have a tad more money.. The Klipsch Image X10, which I absolutely for these types music.

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePandemonium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, im going to tell you this. Both are are wonderful headphones, both are bass light. So these would not be a good choice for rap at all. For rock, they are more than sufficient. SCL4 being the better choice.

Other things to look at are those Nuforce headphones, or if you have a tad more money.. The Klipsch Image X10, which I absolutely for these types music.

well I'm willing to spend up to $80 on headphones, and $80 for Shure seemed like a great deal.

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by clubfunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I'm willing to spend up to $80 on headphones, and $80 for Shure seemed like a great deal.

Just say yes.

It's probably the best $80 you'll spend for the next year, considering the huge markdown on these.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just say yes.

It's probably the best $80 you'll spend for the next year, considering the huge markdown on these.

x2, the SCL3/4 at 60/80 is certainly a steal since they're really competing in the $100-$200 category imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back