Help a newbie pick his first pair of "nice" headphones
Mar 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyonya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just read the entire thread on the X3i, pretty scared by the apparently crappy build quality. Not sure I'm gutsy enough to order a pair, although they do seem very affordable for the reported sound quality.

I ordered a pair of X3i's last month. The build quality is fine, perhaps not as able to withstand abuse as some of the major iem brands but the X3i's don't cost as much as the major brands either. Also, Jaben's customer service is extremely good.

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my first piece of advice is to get over the fact of not wanting to have headphones that cost more then your source especially if that source is just an mp3 player.

I agree with this.

Your MP3 player is just that. It plays music. Of course quality is very important here but ultimately what makes music sound great is not only the source, but just as importantly (if not more important) is your headphones. To me this is like saying... I don't want to spend more on my TV then what I spent for my cable box. Sure it's the cable box (or whatever) that might provide the 1080p resolution but if I don't spend $1500+ on a TV that can take advantage of that then quality suffers.

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEcted1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with this.

Your MP3 player is just that. It plays music. Of course quality is very important here but ultimately what makes music sound great is not only the source, but just as importantly (if not more important) is your headphones. To me this is like saying... I don't want to spend more on my TV then what I spent for my cable box. Sure it's the cable box (or whatever) that might provide the 1080p resolution but if I don't spend $1500+ on a TV that can take advantage of that then quality suffers.

LMAO 99.9999% of the time the TV costs more, and most of the time MP3 players cost more than the headphones. But yeah I get your point
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #19 of 19
Ok, I accept that it is not ridiculous to spend more on headphones than on the MP3 player, especially since I'm planning to keep whatever pair I buy and use them for my next MP3 player (which probably won't be until 64GB flash players are affordable, so yea I'm waiting a while).

Any ideas about my earlier question, regarding dynamic drivers and balanced armatures? And the headphones in question in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back