Help A Newbie: IEM Vet Looking For First Full Size
Nov 29, 2009 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RLZEPP

New Head-Fier
Greetings All,

I just started looking for my first full size set of headphones to use with my 2 ZuneHDs. I mostly listen to Electronica / Dance / Jazz.

My current collection of headphones that I regularly enjoy (in current order of preference) are:

1. UE TF.10
2. Sennheiser IE8
3. Klipsch Custom 3
4. Shure E500PTH

Can you please recommend something that would be in this class of performance, quality and sonic signature?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 6
Welcome to real headphones.

Grado would be my suggestion. Which model depends on your price range. Got any ideas?

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 6
If you're trying Grados for the first time, I suggest you go with the inexpensive SR-60i, which is something like $79. It's a good way to see if the Grado sound signature is your cup of tea. If you don't like it, it's easy to sell off at that price. Chances are pretty good you'll be dazzled. Once you get hooked on Grado, there are lots of steps up from that SR-60, but the SR-60 is a terrific place to find out if Grado "is right for you."

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the quick replies. I was also thinking of Grado. Thanks for confirming. I would not object to spending in the $250 - $300 range. That is even on the low side compared to some of the IEMs I've bought in the past. Knowing that, please let me know which model you'd recommend.

Thanks again.

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 6
What type of music do you listen to and what is your preference sonically? Also what equipment will you be playing the HP's from such as amps, DAC's etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back