Help a newbie - Headphone amp + Bass
May 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

meowis

New Head-Fier
Hi, im new to the audiophile world and just bought a great pair of Sony XB1000 yesterday. (Yes the princess leia headphones)
It was recommended because i needed it for home PC use. I work from home so i use them hours at a time and they needed to be comfortable, and these guys are so comfy its not funny. Another must have for me is the Bass, which the XB1000 takes care of very well too.

I got some basic portable headphone amp and thats what im not happy about. I don't need a portable amp since im having them for home use ONLY. I want a proper amp that looks nice (maybe have some valves stickin out) and can be adjusted easily (bigger volume dials, on/off buttons etc) and of course has a proper AC power.

The most important factor is that the amp has to have some sort of Bass control. For this particular headphone amp, the GoVibe Vulcan+, it has a many adjustment controls such as : treble, OHM (to put more power i guess for better sound), impotence, Bass and something that looks like ((( ))) (has something to do with increasing the size of a virtual room or something ._.) I use max bass, the Ω and the ((( ))).

Since the amps make the "subwoofer volume" in the headphones greater than the "regular speaker volume", when i adjust the master volume dial on the amp, the bass seems very strong. Maybe someone can help me out with a proper amp that has these properties, I'm worried if i get one without these bass settings i might not get the same "subwoofer volume in the headphones greater than the    regular speaker volume" effect. My budget is around $1250 USD, of course trying to save as much money here.

Sorry if i made any mistakes feel free to flame for my noobiness lol 
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back