help a newbie! descent audio for under $1k flac+ed9, please need your knowledge!
Oct 17, 2010 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

oneofthem

100+ Head-Fier
hello! so i came to conclusion that music plays very important part in my lifestyle and i need to upgrade. so im looking to spend 1000$. im using flac files+foobar+headphones and i listnen to electronic (techno,psychedelic dnb and some deep)music so mostly low and high freq. is important for me(and honestly its all about bass quality for me), i will be also ordering ultrasone ed9
please help me to bring my music experience to another level. also id rather spend it on used hardware this way im getting a better value. so please let me know my options,i dont know any other place where i can ask this so apologies for being noob
thanks in advance and hope to see some input in this thread

Oct 17, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 14
Seems to me that you would need a decent DAC and an amp.
$400 for a DAC and $600 for an amp?
With that budget for just that 2 things, you can get a pretty sweet setup!

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 14
please point me to right direction...i need dac and amp(lets say $600dac $800amp) that meant for electronic music and phones ed9 or d7000(cant decide yet)
like you were on a mission/contest to impress a person who like electronic music and raving(low>hi freq. whats important for me)
need something fun punchy club like experience!
thanks in advance and hope to hear some option!

Oct 18, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
How about a Peachtree Nova? High quality DAC and a good headphone amp onboard. As well as being an integrated speaker amplifier!

Wow, that looks awesome. That is exactly what I'm looking for. Too bad it is only sold within the UK by Sevenoaks Sound and Vision. I guess I'll have to wait
Do you know of a similiar all-in-one badass product like that?

Thanks for posting that info
smily_headphones1.gif

*** I've just found this product for 700 euros, I'm about to buy this thing... what speakers would you use with this ?

Oct 18, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:

Wow, that looks awesome. That is exactly what I'm looking for. Too bad it is only sold within the UK by Sevenoaks Sound and Vision. I guess I'll have to wait
Do you know of a similiar all-in-one badass product like that?

Thanks for posting that info
smily_headphones1.gif

*** I've just found this product for 700 euros, I'm about to buy this thing... what speakers would you use with this ?

Depends on your budget/room/taste.

I think the Peachtree people also make the Era speaker line.

Generally, try and stay with something 8ohms and high sensitivity. You won't get the bass you want without a hefty floorstander or a sub. If going for bookshelves and a sub, focus solely on the midrange and treble qualities of the bookshelves - look for a two-way - and let the sub do the rest.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #13 of 14
I don't think I'll want to go with the Peachtree Nova. You'll really be better off with a dedicated separates setup so you can integrate a sub into the mix.

The funny thing about budget...setting any ceiling now can be pretty dangerous, esp if you take the path of the "dedicated separates" route. It's a slippery slope and you will definitely overspend if you're not careful.

As for headphones, once you cross the threshold of the middle of the road in the product line-up of whatever make you're interested in, you'll need dedicated sources and amps to drive them well.

Since your kind of music is mainly electronica, DnB and stuff, try looking at using pro-audio components too. They seem to be made for that sort of music.

Good Luck!

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #14 of 14

oneofthem said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

please point me to right direction...i need dac and amp(lets say $600dac $800amp) that meant for electronic music and phones ed9 or d7000(cant decide yet)
like you were on a mission/contest to impress a person who like electronic music and raving(low>hi freq. whats important for me)
need something fun punchy club like experience!
thanks in advance and hope to hear some option!

It's quite useful, It is exactly what I need, Thanks for your sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back