help a little noob
Feb 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

andresbozo

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody, ive been reading a lot around here and i only got more and more doubts xD
the thing is i want to get a "good" pair of earphones... i dont want profesional earphones cuz im going to use them mostly with my smartphone and my pc, but i would really like to buy something that gives me enough bass but without loosing the middles and highs... i listen to a lot of different music genres  heavy metal, house, dance, hip-hop, rock and salsa (latin music)... the thing is that im from south america and in my country there are only a few brands (sony, BOSE, etc) at an excesive cost.. 

So i thougt about buying them on the US and getting them shipped to my country... 

Thanks to a friend ive listened to a pair of sennheiser cx300 or cx 500 (i couldnt notice the difference because they are very similar) and i liked the sound but as a lot of you say the highs and the mids gets lost in the bass... my budget its 40$ tops (i know its not too much but in my country its not easy to get the $$$) also ive made a little research and skullcandy, soundagic, klipsch, sennheiser an other brands have a lots of models with very good reveiws in that order of price...

what would you recommend for me to start in this huge world of earphones?

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 8
You could look into the SoundMAGIC E10 going for $33 on ebay they might be a nice place to start. I've read nothing but good things about them, they were my choice before I found the Brainwavz M2 which are a little more expensive. I'm new myself here, hopefully some other experienced members can throw you some options too. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 8
http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Noise-Isolating-Monitor-Earphones/dp/B005HJ38OO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329269008&sr=8-1 This is about $2 more but I can verify the seller is legit.

That being said, some alternatives I'd consider are MEElectronics M9's -- My goodness, they topped my CX 300's after a solid burn in, and like perhaps M21's because they're a higher model. Brainwavz M1 or erm ViSang R02 (actually scratch that... Brainwavz ProAlpha) are available for around $40 on Amazon, MP4Nation is a trusted seller.

Quote:
You could look into the SoundMAGIC E10 going for $33 on ebay they might be a nice place to start. I've read nothing but good things about them, they were my choice before I found the Brainwavz M2 which are a little more expensive. I'm new myself here, hopefully some other experienced members can throw you some options too. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
so bros ive been reading lots of reviews and the soundmagic seems to be really good earphones im decided to go for a pair those... now the thing is e10 or pl30?? 

PL30 is old and not bass oriented. I own E30 and if it's anywhere near PL30's sound signature then better get E10. Though, soundstage of E30 is pretty good and the sound is balanced

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 8
i don't think he wants bass orientated headphones, which means he should really get the pl30s because there is no better in ear out there for that price

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
so bros ive been reading lots of reviews and the soundmagic seems to be really good earphones im decided to go for a pair those... now the thing is e10 or pl30?? 

Go the E10. I said in an earlier post I was looking at the Brainwavz M2, making a last minute decision I changed my mind purchasing the E10 now on it's way. I chose them because I seriously have not read one bad thing about them. Also, another higher member here told me he had both and kept the E10 over Brainwavz M2 due to the better bang for buck! Along side that with days of research and reading I made my choice.

I have the CX 300 II, they're currently my everyday earphone I'm using until my SoundMAGIC E10 / PL21 and JVC  HA-FX1X's arrive (all in your price range). They seriously aren't a bad iem, just be very aware of fakes. CX 300 II are highly copied you can get scammed so easily... They look legit in every way but sound terrible. You could also look into the SoundMAGIC PL11 which has bigger bass however, after days of research for a even balanced to slightly bassy earphone the E10 is by far my choice within your price range.

In the end IMO.... Go the SoundMAGIC E10. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 8
exactly... id like a good bass but ive listened to lots of sony earphones that comes with the walkman phones and players and the bass is overwhelming wich is good for trance and dance music but when it comes to rock they can get you a serious headache...
the music from my country has lots of trumpets and metalic instruments that you cant listen when the bass is that loud... id like an even sound that i can equalize with my galaxy S...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back