Help A Basehead Pick Out A New Pair Of Cans Please
Jun 18, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #16 of 21
basehead.JPG

For you, I would suggest these:

Dolce_Gabbana_Frends_Fur_Crystal_Crown_Headphones_Gold_ML7138_600x600.jpg

https://www.fashionrooms.com/en/wom...ana/frends-fur-crystal-crown-headphones-gold#
Ohhhhhh.......K

When I joined this site, I learned that basehead was the term given to those of us who truly love base. This is the first time I am hearing that the term is in association with drugs. So hmm, yeah, I'm going to take a pass on the whole drugs thing, cause that aint my style, but I'll take deep brain shaking base for 199.99 please. 🤣

Hifiman HE-R9 :L3000: 199uds.

Looks like a nice pair of can's, pretty red color, and I could easily power them off the AMP I got now. Strange though, that I can't pull up a driver size spec, and prices seem all over the place depending on where ya buy. I appreciate the recommendation, but I already purchased my can's from Drop.

@StarTreker I know it’s marketed as a gaming headphone but Audeze Maxwell is probably the best overall headphone in your price range.

Holy Schitt stack, 90mm drivers? WOW! 🤯 I generally like to stay away from gaming headsets, as they are usually garbage in my experience. But 90mm, thats hardcore yo! I do notice that they are planar magnetic drivers though, so doesn't that mean I need a special AMP to drive them things? Cool they brought a Star Trek Fazor for the voice guides. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Aluminum and steel construction also seem nice. I've never seen a metal gaming headset before, usually they are all plastic. Another thing I don't like about headsets, is they tune huge levels of compression in the mic's. They do it for noise canceling obviously, but it always makes voices sound like your talking in a tin can, which is why all the pro streamers on YouTube, use pro condenser mic's.

Also, Zeos' videos are based on Zeos, which includes some questionable opinions.

Believe it or not, I have always felt the same way. His anime obsession, combined with a personality that comes off like that is a man who is on drugs, does raise concerns. I have always taken Zeo's opinions with a grain of salt. But I do admit that there is only a couple reviews on YouTube of the Ultrasone Signature X's, so its only natural that I would pull up Zeo's video to check the can's out in detail.

But just an FYI, I don't only take my reviews from YouTube. I also read reviews on Head-Fi, thats why I am here, to hear it from you folks, who have actually used them. And besides, Zeo's last video of him opening the newest pair, he was sick as a dog, and thus his quality suffered greatly in his unboxing video. But I am so glad that I waited all these months to buy these since their original release, because that means I get the better quality thicker pads, to keep my ears off the drivers!

Jun 18, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #17 of 21
Jun 28, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #18 of 21
Guess whats up? Drop Ultrasone Signature X is up!

IMG-4968.jpg

I have just posted a preliminary review in the Drop + Ultrasone headphone discussion thread. Check it out if you'd like to read about my full experience with these can's, as well as get to look at a lot more sexy pictures I posted there. But a quick sum up, I freaking love these can's! 😍

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dro...-x-headphones-discussion.965798/post-17622560

Drop Ultrasone Signature X is the Schitt! :L3000:

Jul 21, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #21 of 21
Guess whats up? Drop Ultrasone Signature X is up!

IMG-4968.jpg

I have just posted a preliminary review in the Drop + Ultrasone headphone discussion thread. Check it out if you'd like to read about my full experience with these can's, as well as get to look at a lot more sexy pictures I posted there. But a quick sum up, I freaking love these can's! 😍

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dro...-x-headphones-discussion.965798/post-17622560

Drop Ultrasone Signature X is the Schitt! :L3000:
Looks great :) Thats cool that its got that strong LP2 level bass too. I remember reading on the hardest hitting bass thread that CB used to like the Ultrasones too for bass. I also got the LP2 few years back and recently the Crossfade Wireless 2 whch I didn't think would compete with it, but when I tried it wired recently, with around 1.6w going in to it and eq with high bass + high volume, it sounded fairly similar in strength, the pads are a bit thicker than the lp2 which is good but the headband can still be a bit stiff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back