HELP 16gb Micro SD reads as under 4gb after format
Mar 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
got this brand new 16gb sandisk from a reputable seller store on ebay, formatted it and it started showing as 7.9gb. I freaked and added content and reformatted, now it shows as 3.8gb

tried the HP format tool but it doesnt recognize it in my sansa fuze, even the sansa media tool says its a 3.8gb card now

the hell is going on? Sandisk forums are useless so i thought id try here.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #3 of 3
i use a pc

its not a fake, it has the serial number on the front and it looks like the real ones. Im not sure if i did something wrong or what

EDIT: Here is the problem, this should be stickied here on headfi, since Sandisk really doesnt care much at all to help people.

You must be in MSC mode on the fuze for this to accept. If you are in AUTO detect or MTP mode, your micro SDHC card will not recognize properly. If you formatted a 16gb, it will read as 3.9gb. You sadly have to keep your Fuze in MSC mode for it to recognize and be USABLE with the SDcard formatter softwares, such as HP formatter or panasonic. This is a requirement.

my only problem right now is that its taking a crazy long time to format. It's been at it for like a half hour and its at like 10%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back