Hello
Jan 3, 2019 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SunRa Fan

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to introduce myself. Hi all, I'm a life long music lover a couple of miles down the road to becoming an audiophile. I've made all the classic audiophile mistakes like buying the wrong equipment the first time out. This is an unusual hobby in that no one tells you some critical things when first starting out. Namely, that as listeners we all have different ways of perceiving or finding pleasure in music reproduction. Equipment reviews never quite capture just how much pleasure there is in HiFi when at last as a listener you are before a system or setup that works for your own ears. Also, equipment manufacturers have house sounds(something never mentioned in any marketing materials) which their equipment tends to adhere to. Armed with this knowledge and more, I'm now on the way to assembling piece by piece, a system for the next ten years at least. I started out with Focal, Krell and Chord and have since moved on to Dali and Bel Canto but who knows what the future holds. Could be Dynaudio and SimAudio Moon. I remain a Chord fan as I love the sound and they continue to evolve their DAC's and their unique industrial design has grown from a curiosity into preference of sorts for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back