Hello! :)
Jan 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hifx

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I would consider myself a noob audiophile who recently just got interested in the subject of true high quality audio.  I don't know how I came across the topic of headphone amps, but I just remember clicking random videos in the "suggested" bar on YouTube.

I have a HUGE appreciation for these forums!  I've logged about 10+ hours on this site alone, reading product reviews.

I was looking for a portable headphone amp (I didn't know that such a thing even existed until last night).  These forums helped me make my decision.  It boiled down to the Fiio E11, E07k, or E 17.

Just today, I picked up the E07k.  Slightly cheaper than the E17, and I didn't really need the SPDIF port the E17 had.  Right now, I use my iPod Classic (160GB) exclusively to listen to music while on the go.

Because I use my iPod, I didn't necessarily need the function of the DAC that the E07k comes with, but I thought, "why not?" sort of like an
"in the event of an emergency..." situation.

So far, I'm VERY happy with my purchase, though I'm still contemplating whether I should go with the E17.  The sound quality differences don't seem so big that they will make a HUGE difference to me.

The earbuds I use are average at best.

I got bored while at university, looked for a new hobby, and found myself here.  Haha

I can't wait to see what this baby can do!

THANKS AGAIN.

I think I found my new favourite website.  Very informative.

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Remember that the headphones will have a much greater effect on the sound you hear than will the specific amp. If you want to change the sound, buy different headphones, not a different amp.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 4
You use the iPod line-out, right?

Jan 12, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 4
You use the iPod line-out, right?

Yep, I use the L9 cable that Fiio sells, connecting to the pins at the bottom of the iPod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back