Hello
Aug 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
First time to here. Really new about Hi-fi. Please give me some advise about choosing DAC for PC hi-fi. Budget arounds $800 -1000

Heya,

First, you don't need a DAC that costs $1000.

How about you tell us what headphone setup you're planning on having, or already have, that you're trying to get a $1000 budget DAC for your "PC hi-fi."

Very best,

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Heya,

How about you tell us what headphone setup you're planning on having, or already have, that you're trying to get a $1000 budget DAC for your "PC hi-fi."

Very best,

Agree'd

I'd also recommend to really enjoy this hobby you start low and work you way up. That is what I have done and I have always gotten about 80% of my money back from when I sold old gear to buy new. 

Still I feel that starting with onboard pc. then onboard pc and amp, then to onboard pc and dac and amp so forth an so on has really been something enjoyable for me! Plus as you move up you train your ears to listen to those itty bitty details that make... let's say a $1000 dac sound better than a $100 one <3

Still, any information on what Headphones your already have, as well as any amps and your history with well Music and Audio Reproduction gear in general! 

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Heya,

Very best,

Really thanks, I have already got a HD800 And I plan to have a Bryson BHA-1, Now I have no Idea how to choose a DAC that must with USB input.
Do you have any suggestion? 
Thank you!

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Agree'd

I'd also recommend to really enjoy this hobby you start low and work you way up. That is what I have done and I have always gotten about 80% of my money back from when I sold old gear to buy new. 

Still I feel that starting with onboard pc. then onboard pc and amp, then to onboard pc and dac and amp so forth an so on has really been something enjoyable for me! Plus as you move up you train your ears to listen to those itty bitty details that make... let's say a $1000 dac sound better than a $100 one <3

Still, any information on what Headphones your already have, as well as any amps and your history with well Music and Audio Reproduction gear in general! 

Good idea. Actually I had a PS1000 HD800 and SR325i and etc. before, for dac I had Northstar DAC 32 and benchmark dac 1 and Lary da10 before. For Amps, I had a golo UL. But I moved my interest to photography, so I sold all of them.  And now I want to build a new headphone system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back