Hello
Aug 12, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #46 of 59
Momiji, I agree with you that this is quite sad that people spend this much on audio equipment and their partners don't have a clue how much all this cost, you can tell by the looks on their faces as the rattle off all these costs. But how dare they cut off The Who!

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #47 of 59
"Never feel sorry for a man who owns an airplane"

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #49 of 59
I know it's not the current topic, but a lot of us on the forums are aware of Numark. They just don't have a huge presence here because their main business isn't headphones and their cans generally are a little sub-par in terms of the performance:cash ratio.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #50 of 59
My journey started a year ago, though it can be traced back further to when a friend of mine pushed my away from a Sennheiser and towards a WeSC two years ago (what a bad decision that was). I started with the ubiquitous Audio-Technica ATH-M50 that many first-timers start with, and through asking about the correct amp to use with it and researching reviews vs. popular headphones like Beats to combat naysayers in my life, I ended up spending more time on Head-Fi. Around that time, I realized that I had a Sennheiser HD518 in storage that a friend had given to me years ago. Since I wasn't familiar with headphones at the time, I saw no point in their open design and thought them useless. Listening to them again, I became hooked on all the different sounds that you can get out of headhpones. Since then I've spent ever more time on Head-Fi, and have accumunlated over 35 pairs, and of late I've started getting into modding and put Sennheiser drivers into my crappy old WeSCs. My motto is never to disregard a can based on price, so most of my collection is classified as "mid-fi", in the $200 range. I do most of my listening on my flagships, though, the Beyerdynamic T5p, Grado PS1000, and Koss ESP950, with lesser time spent with my Sennheiser HD600. Most of the other cans I use to monitor and mix my own music occasionally, or they become part of an ever-rotating collection of portables.

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #55 of 59
I think you are more likely to lose your hearing before your hair.  There are *plenty* of hairless males on this forum (me included) - but that hair loss is not headphone induced...

You asked how someone could acquire over 400 headphones.  The answer is simple:  one at a time!

I have neither the cash nor the desire to be that obsessed.  I think head-fi is a state of mind - not a budget.  If you are interested in getting the best possible sound out of headphones & earphones, then you are head-fi'ing - regardless of what you actually have on your head or in your ears.

L3000.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #56 of 59

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #57 of 59
Several years I ago I was wearing headphones everyday, constantly putting them on and taking them off, not even lifting just sliding off. I had started to develop a bald spot on the crown of my head, until now I always thought it was caused by headphones (it grew back fortunately). That was the reason behind my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back