Hello World & Thanks
Mar 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Skar

Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

Doing a lot of PC gaming i usually only considered headsets in the past. I faintly remember having owned a Sennheiser HD580, however that was before it was common to use VoIP when gaming... (i am into pc gaming since '89).

For ergonomic reasons i liked the PC350 from Sennheiser, i probably got simply used to that oval shape/design.

The trouble started when around 2 years ago a friend gave me his old MMX 300 from Beyerdynamic. Those are often compared to DT770s, not woning DT770 i cannot judge if thats fair.
Well, lets just say that it was very very tough to go back to the PC350 after having listened to them. However the MMX are uncomfortable for me so in the end i was back with my old trusted PC350, knowing that the sound could be so much better....

Well 2 weeks ago i gave the PC360 a shot. However it is open, not closed like the 350 and to make it short i dont like it. This left me a little bit frustrated and I tried several other headsets in more detail. Lets say the gaming brands could not convince me - at all.

After concluding i could ditch my headset for a table mic + headphone, to have that much more options i read a lot in this forum and some other communities.

I ended up impulse buying a Fiio E7 +E9 and a Dennon AH-D2000. Originally I plannend on M50s, as they get everywhere recommended, however the earcups were uncomfortable when trying in the shop and i could not imagine wearing them for more than one hour.

Now i have listened for 2 hours several different tracks, and lets just say: Thank you for all advice provided here.

Best Regards,
Skar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back