hello, new to the forum!
May 14, 2006 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

fengler

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased some sony mdr-v6s(same as the 7506 studio phones), these are my first "real" set of headphones and i like them alot. I am currently driving them with my ipod and i am debating whether to buy the pa2v2 or the ldm+(any help?) to use in conjunction with my ipod. great forum, tons of info, love it so far
eggosmile.gif

May 14, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 18
Hey, welcome to Head-fi; sorry about your wallet!
tongue.gif

lol first time I ever said that...

as for the PA2V2, it's cheap ($60), and can drive a lot of things well, has great battery life, etc. Your phones would benefit from it if I'm not mistaken.

May 14, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

the PA2V2, it's cheap ($60), and can drive a lot of things well, has great battery life, etc. Your phones would benefit from it if I'm not mistaken.

I was considering the PA2V2 also... How is it driving your KSC75s? I'm thinking of using it with PortaPros and Senn HD-555s which should work pretty well with it (or so I've read).

May 14, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 18
Well with KSC-75s or portapros or 555s you don't really need an amp. That's the beauty of simplified portableness (is that a word?).

May 14, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #5 of 18
After a quick listening test, I wasn't able to discern much of a difference between MDR-V6 w/pa2v2 and MDR-V6 w/o pa2v2. IMO the V6 does not really benefit from an amp. You're better off saving that $50-60 for something else (a better pair of heaphones down the road?) unless you wan't to extend the battery life of your ipod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
That's the beauty of simplified portableness (is that a word?).

Do you mean portability?

May 14, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Well with KSC-75s or portapros or 555s you don't really need an amp. That's the beauty of simplified portableness (is that a word?).

Yes, I've realized that they don't NEED an amp, but do they benefit of one? I'd mostly be using it with my 555s anyway, which are well povered by my iPod, but I really don't consider them portable.
smily_headphones1.gif
I've read one member hype the synergy of the PA2V2 and 555 lately (can't remember his name, though) and that is mostly why I was curious... Sorry for being a bit OT..
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by zyxwvutsr
After a quick listening test, I wasn't able to discern much of a difference between MDR-V6 w/pa2v2 and MDR-V6 w/o pa2v2. IMO the V6 does not really benefit from an amp. You're better off saving that $50-60 for something else (a better pair of heaphones down the road?) unless you wan't to extend the battery life of your ipod.

Do you mean portability?

i respect your opinion,

anyone else have any thoughts on the subject/question at hand?

May 14, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #8 of 18
Well, when I got the PA2V2 and hooked it up with my KSC75, the soundstage widened, better control of the lows and highs, and overall more clearness.

I loved it a lot...until the iM716 came over
tongue.gif

May 15, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylmis
I was considering the PA2V2 also... How is it driving your KSC75s? I'm thinking of using it with PortaPros and Senn HD-555s which should work pretty well with it (or so I've read).

Helps a bunch with my 75's also lets me use the Ipod EQ without distortion.

May 15, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #11 of 18
I have a pa2v2 and have to say the the sound is kind of slow. It seems that the bass is kind of flabby and overall not very punchy. For the price it's ok, just wish I would've waited to get something a little better.

May 15, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by MatsudaMan
I have a pa2v2 and have to say the the sound is kind of slow. It seems that the bass is kind of flabby and overall not very punchy. For the price it's ok, just wish I would've waited to get something a little better.

The PA2V2 brings warmth to your phones, which i think makes it appear "slow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back