Hello, new here looking for help with a $300 headphone purchase
Aug 15, 2014 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Heat1

New Head-Fier
Hello, I just joined the fourms after a couple months lurking in a attempt to try and get some advice regarding the purchase of my first over the ears headphones. I currently do most of my listening through my IEM's  which include an Aurisonics ASG-2, Weston 3umx, and a sony xba4. I mostly use the former because they have the most forward mids to my ears, while also having enough bass to compliment them. For music I listen to everything though i do tend to drift towards rock such as pink floyd and led zeppelin  more often than not. So currently i am looking for the best over the ear headphone i could get in the 300$ range that's focus is the mid range and preferably dose not need to be amped. finally this is for a home setup out of my desktop so portability and isolation are not a concern. In all thanks for taking the time to read this and any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 7
I am currently using an on board sound card, however i also have a fiio E-17 dac that i mostly use as an amp for my IEM's. If that's not good enough however what would be a sound card you would recommend. Thanks for reading.

Aug 16, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 7
Its only $200 on amazon right now, but is easy to drive and is supposed to have good, slightly forward mids and adaquate amount of bass. I haven't heard them myself though.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-esw9a

I can't think of anything that might be better for what you are looking for without going above $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back